Would you like to know how to get clear, smooth, and even skin this year? The key to achieving all of your goals this year is to set goals that are powerful and attainable. First consider what you want to achieve, and then commit to it. Set SMART (specific, measurable, attainable, relevant and time-bound) goals that motivates you.
Hello there, Esther The Esthetician here. Sharing weekly content to help you reduce stress, boost confidence, transform your skin and your life in the process.
Today I’m sharing tips to help you achieve your goals this year. Let’s jump right in!!
Powerful goals have six components:
- They must be inspiring.
- They must be believable.
- They must be goals you can act on.
- They must be realistic and attainable
- They must have an end date
- They must be measurable
If you’re a dreamer like me… It’s easy to get carried away and set goals that are so hard to achieve… you become discouraged and quit before you really start. I’m here to help you overcome the top obstacles keeping you from the life and skin you want and deserve.
4 Tips for Setting Powerful Goals
So, what are the key aspects to learn and remember when studying and writing out your goals.
1. Evaluation and Reflection
With your focus on goal setting, the first thing is for each of us to set aside some serious time for evaluation and reflection.
2. Dreams and Goals
What are your dreams and goals? Don’t base it on things you’ve accomplished in the past, what society tells you they should be, or out of fear of not achieving them… Focus on setting smart goals to help you achieve your goals this year.
3. SMART Goals
SMART means Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic and Time-sensitive.
- Specific: Be direct and specific. Say exactly what do you want?
- Measurable: Break it up into bite size pieces. How will you know if you’ve achieved it or not?
- Attainable: Be honest with yourself about what you can reasonably accomplish at this point in your life while taking into consideration your responsibilities in life.
- Realistic: It must be doable, real, and practical.
- Time: Associate a time frame with each goal. When should you complete the goal? For example; if your goal is to achieve clear, smooth, and even skin this year.. You should break it up into quarterly, monthly, weekly, and daily
Find someone on a similar journey to help hold you accountable. Having an accountability partner helps keep us in line. Don’t just look for a “yes-man” look for someone who you trust their opinion… that’s not afraid to help you get a reality check. I meet up weekly with my esthetician friends to help me stay inspired, push me, and hold me accountable if/when I’m falling off.
Evaluation and Reflection
Knowing where you are now and where you’re trying to go is essential to your success. The process of evaluation is relatively simple but can vary from person to person. The important thing is having a system and following through. Here are the basic process for evaluation and reflection:
1. Find a quiet place.
Reflection is best done away from distraction. Being at the beach gives my mind the space it needs to think clearly. I like to go for a long walk on the beach, sketch, then sit down in a peaceful place to start evaluating and reflecting.
2. Take regular time.
I don’t care if it is weekly, biweekly, monthly or quarterly, always schedule the time to evaluate and reflect. I like to do it around the same time. Set aside the time and schedule it.
3. Look back.
Look at what you have accomplished and where you are. Be specific. Be truthful. Be brutally honest with yourself.
4. Write it down.
Keep a record. This is one of my favorite ways to track my progress. This way, you can always see exactly how you accomplished your past goals.
5. Look forward.
Set your next goal. Stretch yourself according to what works for you.
5 Goal/Areas you could work on this year.
- Read a book
- No sugar month
- Journal daily
- Go to lunch with friends 2x
- Avoid getting angry in traffic
- Spend 10 minutes meditating
- Be thankful everyday
- Smile at a stranger
- Get to the gym 3x per week
- Set up a monthly fitness program
- Get more steps in
- Put together a feel good playlist
- Visit family more
- Call out of town relatives
- Get the kids to the park 1x per week
- Date night with your spouse/significant other
- Manage your time better
- Keep a positive attitude
- Update resume
- Take breaks
What's your beauty routine style
Are you a 1-3 step type of person or do you want the full 8+ step routine? Regardless of your beauty routine style… I will help you customize a results driven regimen for clear, smooth, and even skin. Visit www.LuxuryLotusSpa.com/VirtualEsthetician to see how we will help you achieve your skin care goals this year.
You can always start over. Bad times and ill feelings will pass. What you focus on expands. A master was once a beginner. Always seek opportunities from failure. See every obstacle in life as a teacher and a catalyst for growth.
- Join the 21 day clear skin challenge for all the tools and resources you need for clear, smooth, and even skin
- Order your home care kit to help you clear that unwanted acne, post acne scarring (brown spots), and ingrown hairs in the chin area.
- Book an in-depth new client consultation with Esther The Esthetician