Today we are talking about how to get rid of dark scars – Hyperpigmentation (PIH)? If dark spots have been keeping you from living your best life!! Today’s article is for your my friend!!
In our business, we value kindness in everything we do.
This includes everyone from our amazing clients to our virtual assistant because you know what?
It’s “cool” to be kind. Our number one mission is to serve you the best we can, so let today’s article act as a reminder:
Kindness never goes out of style!
Here’s how to get rid of dark scars – Hyperpigmentation (PIH)
Share this article, if it gives you a little encouragement today.
How Do You Get Rid Of Dark Acne Scars Naturally? If you would like to know how to get rid of dark spots on black/brown skin then this article will definitely help you. If you would like to know my top 10 tips for clearing acne and post-acne brown spots in the skin of color… then, keep reading today’s article I have a special gift just for you my friends.
HOW TO TREAT ACNE & ACNE SCARS ON DARKER SKIN/BROWN SKIN COMPLEXION
For African decent women and men with highly melanated skin(brown skin), acne is often accompanied by dark spots or patches called hyperpigmentation. Fortunately, there are plenty of things people with highly melanated skin like myself can do at home to help clear their acne and post-acne scars (dark spots) that loves to linger around a bit.
one of the questions I often hear is how do I get rid of acne and the dark spots that often appear when the acne clears? you know… after they’ve overstayed their welcome.
Many people of African, Asian, Latino, Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, and Native American descent find that it’s hard to get rid of the scars and brown spots left behind by the acne.
Truth be told, it’s not the acne that bothers most people… it’s the post-acne scars that are doing it the most damage to people’s self-esteem and confidence.
Treat both the acne and the dark spots at the same time
- A lot of people seek estheticians help for dark spots and acne scars treatments-which can last much longer than acne. It’s absolutely crucial that you address the acne as soon as possible. The longer the acne lingers… the longer it takes to treat it. In some cases, acne scars can become permanent.
ACNE AND DARK SPOT
Estheticians and dermatologists recommend treating acne and dark spots at the same time.
Prevent dark spots and Scars by Treating acne early.
- We can all agree that having acne and post-acne brown spots often take a toll on our self-esteem. This is why I included a section in My New Book dedicated to boosting confidence and self-esteem.
Use acne products that work well in the skin of color.
- Not all products were created equally. For those of us with brown and darker skin complexion. Using the wrong products for your skin will cause you more harm in the long run.
DO NOT POP PIMPLES
If you pick, pop, or squeeze acne, you increase your risk or forming post-acne scar and/or brown spots here are a couple of things to keep in mind:
Make some changes if acne only appears on your forehead, temples, and chin
Use skincare products that won’t clog your pores.
***** DOES COCOA BUTTER EVEN SKIN TONE? *****
A lot of us grew up hearing this “use cocoa butter on it” anytime we have a scar or want to even – uneven skin. I hate to break this to you… There’s absolutely no scientific evidence that cocoa butter can even out your skin tone, but it can cause acne for some people. Here are some additional things to keep in mind:
Find your skin type to ensure you’re using the right products for your skin
- I have a great video on my youtube channel that details How to find your skin type… knowing this will help you find the right products for your skin.
Stop using heavy – oily makeups to cover dark marks and hide acne.
- Covering the problem up will not fix it. If you accidentally chopped your arms off… would you stick a bandaid on it and keep on moving? I highly doubt you would… It’s the same concept when talking about your skin.
Be gentle with your skin.
Use a mild cleanser that won’t clog your pores. (The label may say “won’t clog pores” or “non-comedogenic.”)
- You can’t always rely on things they put on the products for marketing purposes. If your cleanser requires that you use it after using it… it’s too harsh my friends
Apply the cleanser gently with your fingertips, and use only your fingertips to wash and rinse your face.
- Always cleanse in circular motions for at least 90 seconds.
Gently pat your skin dry with a clean towel.
- When you apply your moisturizer… your skin should still be wet.
Wash caps and hats frequently
Change and/or clean your pandemic (covid-19) face mask regularly
See an aesthetician and/or a dermatologist before you decided to DIY it by using any type of chemical peel, microdermabrasion, or laser therapy to treat your acne and post-acne scarring (brown spots) at home!!
Seek an esthetician (aesthetician) or dermatologists help.
- You don’t have to do it alone.
- Order a virtual Facial Kit
- Book a Phase I consultation + Facial appointment with Esther The Esthetician Today!!