Let's talk about the 30 skin care commandments for those of us in our 30's.
I'm currently sitting at Starbucks this morning working on the October Monthly content thinking about what the heck could I share to bring value to you... It hit me that 80% of my clients are millennials either in their 30s or almost there! #30andAgingLikeWine We get better with time. After some mad brainstorming and a Teavana cup of tea I started making a list of skincare rules to live by.... 30 tips/tricks later I came up with the 30 skincare comments for my melanin beauties in their 30s.
To keep this blog post in consumable/bite-size form a.k.a keep it from being too darn Long!! I've decided to break it up into a series of 3 e-mails. In order for you to see the link to the last email in the series... you will need to be part of the Exclusive VIP club email series.
- Always Clean your skin in the morning and before bed.
- Choose gentle cleansers; don't pick a product that will strip your skin of its natural oils.
- If you're in a pinch, it's OK to even just wash using a clean towel and warm water.
- Make sure to use Sunscreen ( SPF) in the morning, whether it's a lightweight or heavy-duty formula. Be sure to use a broad spectrum SPF 30-45. Broad-spectrum will protect you against both UVA and UVB sun rays (UVA=Age & UVB=Burn)
- Apply your SPF before you apply your makeup - Sunscreen in your makeup is usually not enough protection
- Daily be sure you are following this simple regimen morning: Cleanse then, apply Sunscreen, moisturizer, makeup-if you usually wear makeup... at night: cleanse and moisturizer before bed.
- Try to go oil-free with your products and cleansers if you're acne prone.
- moisturizer as much as your skin needs depending on dryness. Even if you have oily skin... you should still be using a moisturizer 2x per day.
- be careful with scrubs they can cause micro-tears in the skin.
- Always take off your makeup at night.
I hope today's blog post on 30 Skin Care, has helped out. If you have any skincare questions... please don't hesitate to DM me post them below this post. The health of your skin is in your hands. Take action in the right direction today. If someone you know and care about need Skincare or Product advice? Be sure to share this blog post with them. I would absolutely love the opportunity to help them reach their skin care goals this year 🙂