Let's talk about tips to help women of ethnic descent with acne-prone skin.
Tips For The Acne-Prone
Dealing with Acne is Hard, but I'm here to make it a little easier.
10 ways to help prevent acne
- Change your pillowcase every other day, as pillowcases can house dirt and oil that can get into your pores as you sleep, leading to breakouts.
- Clean your cellphone case every week – it rests on your face (a lot) and can cause breakouts. Try setting a calendar reminder on your phone to jog your memory.
- Wash your makeup brushes weekly. If you don’t have makeup brush cleaner, you can use Facial Wash to clean your brushes instead.
- Drying out your skin can actually cause more zits, not less. Try limiting hot showers to 5 minutes per day. Too much time in hot water and steam can strip away your skin’s oily layer, and cause it to lose moisture.
- To effectively treat breakouts, make sure you’re using the right combination of products, including a moisturizer. The Acne Control Regimen is a hand-picked selection of products that effectively target the main cause of acne, clear the pores of bacteria and reduce inflammation.
- Keep your hands off of your face. The added dirt and bacteria from your hands can lead to more pimples.
- Avoid using a facial scrub in the morning instead, use it at night to allow the skin to properly balance and renew itself without having to fight the environment outside.
- Avoid Harsh Facial Scrubs and/or over scrubbing your skin - it will only cause your skin to overproduce oil in an effort to "protect its self".
- Invest in your skin. It is going to represent you for a really long time.
- Be consistent with your monthly professional treatments and with your home care regimen.
Schedule a complimentary skincare/product consultation and I will help you customize a DIY regimen for clear & even skin from the comfort of your home.
You are important to your skin's success although you may go to a licensed professional to achieve healthy, beautiful skin, how you treat your skin at home is critically important to your success. Regular use of a simple, customized regimen will provide you with even more dramatic results.
What kind of result can you honestly expect from working out with a professional trainer at the gym one day per month? If you don't follow up with the plan your trainer designed for you to follow on your own in addition to the one-on-one monthly sessions, you will not see any positive changes/results. It's the same thing with your skin.
P.S. If you know anyone in need of some skincare TLC please don't hesitate to share this blog with them. Like & Follow @LuxuryLotusSpa on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Youtube, and Instagram