Let's talk about How to Clear Acne Scars (Brown Spots)?
If you would like a DIY Skincare routine/Plan for clear, smooth, and even skin in 2021... This ultimate guide for beginners… Has your name written all over it! I’m Esther The Esthetician and my goal is to help you make make-up optional. If acne, acne scars, and ingrown hairs has kept you from looking and feeling your absolute best… Help is finally here.
Plus, while reading today’s blog post… You’ll find some hidden gems to help you achieve your goals of clear, smooth, and even skin n 2021
Skincare Routine Basics
Here are the basics you need to know when it comes to building a skin care routine as a beginner!
Know your skin type
Knowing your skin type is a must when it comes to building a skincare routine. Not every product was created equally, that is why I created the 21-day self care & skincare challenge. I want to help you find the best products for your skin type and/goals.
Skin Types: Know Your Skin Types
- Dry Skin
- Dry skin often looks white/ashy and you are prone to flaking, fine lines & wrinkles. Your face feels tight all the time especially after cleansing. Often a lot of moisturizing is required for this skin type. If this is you... try to stay away from gel cleansers. And, know if your skin is Dry vs. Dehydrated.
- Oily Skin
- Oily skin always looks shiny and oily most of the time. Even after cleansing your face can get shiny on its own. Oily skin often has large pores and is prone to getting blemishes and breakouts. Stay away from oil based moisturizers as they can make you breakout some more.
- Normal to combination is a mixture of both dry and oily skin. It means you have medium sized pores, and usually in this case the oily parts of your face (the T-zone, Forehead, nose), while your cheeks appear dry and tight oftentimes.
- Sensitive skin is more prone to getting allergic reactions, such as rash. Your skin is very delicate with fine pores. You need to be watchful of what you apply. You may think you react to everything, but there are products for you. Know if your skin is sensitive vs. sensitized.
Know the order of applying skincare products
A lot of times people don’t really know what product comes before what or after what. If you want to get the most out of your products, you want to be sure of the steps and how to apply them. I will be going live every Friday to share tips with you (Instagram, Youtube, Facebook).
I go into more detail of every step and why it is essential, that way it will help you determine if it something you need for your skin type. Every product does different things, it is up to you to figure out which products you really need for your skin type, which is why knowing your skin type is necessary.
Let's Start With This Must Have Tool
I'm absolutely in love with this Glow-Up Tool
HOW DO I START A SKINCARE ROUTINE?
You should have a daily routine ( AM & PM), a weekly routine (mini spa day at home), and a monthly routine (Professional skin care treatment).
- DAYTIME ROUTINE - Fresh Start to Your Day
- Double cleanse
- Always follow up with a moisturizer anytime you cleanse your skin.
- Mix your weightless sunscreen with your hydrating moisturizer and apply to your skin
- Wait 20-25 minutes before you apply make-up… gives the product time to settle in and get comfortable on your skin
- If you will be in the sun for long periods of time… reapply your sunscreen every 2 hours.
- If you are acne prone… Use a lightweight broad spectrum sunscreen to protect your skin against UVA and UVB sun rays
- UVA = Ages
- UVB = Burns
- BEDTIME ROUTINE - Wash away the day in the evening
- WEEKLY ROUTINE - Mini Spa Day at Home -- (PM)
- MONTHLY ROUTINE - Professional Treatments
- How often should I get my regular professional facial
- Acne - Every 2-3 weeks
- Acne Scars/Post Acne Brown Spots - Every 3-4 weeks
- Ingrown Hairs in the chin are - Every 3-4 weeks
- How often should I get my regular professional facial
- Remember these two rules
- 5/10/20 Rule
- 5 minutes 2x per day is all it takes to care for your skin daily
- 10 minutes daily to cleanse, moisturize, treat/protect your skin daily will help you clear acne, post acne brown spots, and ingrown hairs in the chin area
- 20 minutes is all it takes for your mini spa day at home routine.
- 5/10/20 Rule
- 80/20 Rule
- 80% of your results are based on what you’re doing at home
- 20% of your results are based on how consistent you show up for your professional treatments with your esthetician.
HOW DO I FIND MY PERFECT SKIN CARE ROUTINE?
NEED A SKINCARE CHEAT-SHEET - Know what each skincare steps does
- A cleanser is essential to remove all pollutants from your skin. It also helps to unclog pores, that way you don’t end up with larger pores- filled with sebum or acne. Always cleanse in circular motions for 90 seconds for a thorough cleanse to remove any dirt/bacteria from the surface of your skin.
- Exfoliating removes dead skin cells and dirt build up. It eliminates infections deep in the skin surface and boosts collagen production to smooth lines, wrinkles and blemishes.
- Our Miracle Mask - Enzyme Based Clay Mask
- Enzymes work like little pac-man to eat-away dead skin cells. Clay mask helps to detoxify the skin by extracting impurities while also absorbing excess oils that are on the surface of the skin. It smooths and tightens pores. Mask keeps the skin hydrated and treats the skin for a longer period of time. It helps by allowing the serums/treatments to really soak in to your skin which gives you that radiant glow.
- Enzyme Toner
- Most toners balance your skin’s PH levels after using a cleanser- If your cleanser requires that you use a toner after you use it… It’s too harsh for your skin. Our enzyme toners preps your skin for the products to follow. It also helps with increasing skin cell turnover, removing dead skin cells, and gives the skin a hydrating boost.
- Serums address many skin concerns.... Such as acne, acne scars (uneven skin). Yes, you can layer your serums to balance the skin and get rid of fine lines, wrinkles, and dull uneven skin. It helps with hyper-pigmentation. It is one product that goes deep into the skin and treats the skin on a cellular level.
- Sunscreen is crucial when you’re trying to clear post acne brown spots/even your skin.
- Moisturizer nourishes the skin and keeps it soft, smooth and glowing.
WHAT SKIN CARE PRODUCTS SHOULD A BEGINNER BUY?
You can also start small
As a beginner, it is truly not necessary to have everything from the start. Build your way up as you find what your skin loves the most and doesn’t.
If you want to have a skincare routine on a budget, you should know what the important basic products are. The basics alone will give you results, and as time goes by, you add a new step, and another and before you know it you have incorporated all the steps to your routine.
WHAT IS A GOOD SIMPLE SKIN CARE ROUTINE
- Cleansing: is necessary because it helps in removing dirt from the skin, clearing your pores and exposing a clearer fresh layer of the skin. We are oftentimes exposed to a lot of chemicals and dirt in the atmosphere, I cannot stress enough the importance of double cleansing 2x per day. (2x PER DAY)
- Moisturizing: hydrates and softens the skin. Moisturizer hydrates the skin and keeps it healthy and youthful. You cannot miss this step. Incorporate a broad spectrum (SPF 30-45 if you can) to protect your skin from sunlight during the day. (2x PER DAY)
- Enzyme Toning/Mask: helps in balancing the skin. It provides your skin with important nutrients. Great way to shed dead skin cells naturally. It will give your skin a radiant glow. (1 DAY PER WEEK)
Give it time
The reality of reaping the benefits of your products is by using it consistently over a period of time. There is no such thing as a quick fix, and if you are ever given a quick fix product, RUN!!! lol.. I’m serious!
Aim to use a product over at least six weeks, once or twice daily, to notice a difference. I need you to understand that clear, smooth, and even skin does not happen by chance… It happens by appointment.
BOOK your New Client Facial NOW